Terms and Conditions
The website allows a person (“user”) to place electronic orders (“order”) for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
A purchasing contract (“sale”) between the user and Cottonwood Furniture shall be complete only once a user has placed an order and the payment has been processed fully, meaning Cottonwood Furniture has received and accepted the payment.
Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to cancel any order.
If payment fails due to the account not existing, insufficient funds, the credit card number or other information being incorrect etc. the purchase will not be successful. The above is dependent on the product being available.
For EFT payments kindly note the following detail:
- You have 24 hoursto pay and send us proof of payment.
- If you don’t pay in time, we’ll cancel the order on your behalf.
- Orders placed after hours, on weekends or public holidays will be processed the following business day.
- Goods will only be delivered / collected or sent to our courier company once EFT payments have been fully processed by Cottonwood Furniture.
If you have any issues with payment, please contact us on 062 765 6594.
Products cannot be reserved by a user to be bought at a later time. Placing an item in your cart without processing the payment for the order will not lead to a successful order being placed nor the reservation of (an) item(s).
If an item is listed as “on hold”, this means that a user currently has the last of these items in their Cottonwood Furniture shopping cart. If their cart expires without payment being made, this item will be released back onto the website for sale.
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Cottonwood Furniture will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that product sales are brought to an end when stock runs out.
If it happens that Cottonwood Furniture is unable to fulfill any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out or unavailable, Cottonwood Furniture will let you know and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement for the rand value you have paid for such product.
Termination of Suspected Fraudulent Orders
Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to cancel or refuse to fulfill any order that it suspects of being fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to instances of suspected stolen credit cards and abuse of referral program incentives.
On occasion, a Client Concierge may request a copy of your official identification document or the front of your credit card to verify the transaction with the relevant bank. Cottonwood Furniture may cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner (usually within 24 hours).
In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Cottonwood Furniture, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. Cottonwood Furniture does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
Products and Shipping
Products will be shipped / delivered as per the stated shipping / delivery times of the particular product ordered. If a Shipping time is not stipulated on the individual products page a 3- 10 working day time will be in effect.
Please note that actual shipping times may vary slightly and are estimation only. Please see our Shipping Policy for more information.
Returns and Refunds
Defective Items, Returns and Reimbursement
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product received or other reason, you may return it to Cottonwood Furniture within 7 days of delivery.
You will either receive a refund or Cottonwood Furniture wallet credit, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
You may contact Cottonwood Furniture on email@example.com or 062 765 6594 in regards to any returns or refunds.
Cooling Off (Cancellation Policy)
Before an order is dispatched, customers are eligible to cancel their order at no charge to them, provided the items they are cancelling are not made to order or on demand items. These items may incur a cancellation charge.
You are allowed to cancel your order within 3 days of being placed if the order has not already been dispatched.
Once an order has been dispatched, the shipping and handling fee will not be refunded. You may cancel your purchase by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 062 765 6594.
Cancellations requested after items have been dispatched and have been delivered, will be treated as a return. From the date of delivery you have 7 working days to return eligible items in your order for exchange or refund with no re-stocking fee. After this 7 working day period Leather Gallery reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange.
Refunds are offered in the original method of payment or into your Cottonwood Furniture wallet. Refunds take 1- 5 working days to process. EFT and credit card refunds will take 2-3 working days to reflect in your account due to the reflection delay between banks.
Returns and Exchanges
Please see our Returns Policy or Exchange Policy for more information on returns and refunds.
- In accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act Cottonwood Furniture offers a 7 day return /refund policy on correctly supplied non-defective goods.
- In the event that the customer elects to return the goods and claim an exchange or refund, goods must be returned to our warehouse in their original protective packaging, accompanied by proof of payment, and in their original, unused condition. The cost of return of the goods shall be for the customer’s account.
- Please take note that returns on certain items, eg. Mattresses, -cannot be accepted due to hygienic reasons once packaging has been opened.
- Final sale products are not eligible for return or exchange, therefore no refunds will be processed for these products unless the product is broken/damaged/faulty/incorrect.
- Exchange-only products may only be replaced with a different product from any open event. If we are unable to provide you with the desired size or style we will process a refund to your Cottonwood Furniture wallet.
- Products eligible for return or exchange may be refunded into your original method of payment or to your Cottonwood Furniture wallet.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXCEPTED (E&OE)
While every care is exercised, Cottonwood Furniture shall not be liable for errors on this website (Cottonwoodfurniture.co.za); including the mis-positioning of any advertisement or the wrong pricing of products. Should a case such as this occur, Cottonwood Furniture has the right to amend the error without effect. Customers who view an incorrect ad or price do not have the right to make any claim.
SPECIAL ORDER GOODS
In accordance with Section 42 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, the 7 day return/ refund policy is not applicable to customer made/ special order goods. In the event that a special order is cancelled we reserve the right to levy a reasonable cancellation penalty based on costs incurred by Cottonwood Furniture at the time of cancellation.
GOODS ASSEMBLED BY THE CUSTOMER
Please take note that we will not accept any claims for damage to goods or personal injury where goods are purchased unassembled. No claims for refunds will be entertained where goods have been assembled, affixed or installed by the customer or its representative.
Please note that shipping fees are not refundable.
- Unless otherwise stated our goods carry a warranty of 6 months from date of delivery.
- Warranty claims must be accompanied by original proof of purchase and delivery. Claims are subject to assessment by our trained staff and will be subject to management’s discretion.
- Warranties do not apply to goods damaged due to misuse and abuse by the customer or fair wear and tear.
- Warranties will similarly not apply where the customer has disregarded the Cottonwood Furniture’s care and cleaning instructions.
Promotional Voucher Codes
From time to time users will receive promotions in the form of unique codes that can be used at checkout to unlock certain discounts.
Promotional vouchers are issued at the discretion of Cottonwood Furniture. Users do not have the right to promotional vouchers and cannot earn them. Promotional vouchers are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate their use.
A voucher can only be used once and only one voucher can be used per checkout. Enter the voucher code at checkout and the value of the voucher will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
- No promotional voucher codes can be used towards the purchasing of gift cards sold on our website.
- The cart sub-total needs to be at least 4 times the promotional value prior to applying the promo code at checkout.
- The minimum order spend when applying a promotional code to your order should be equal to or greater than R100.
- If we are running a special on the website where a discount is automatically applied and you try to redeem a promo code as well, the system will automatically apply the promotion of greater value/benefit to the customer.
From time to time, Cottonwood Furniture may run competitions through its website and other channels. The prizes offered as well as the competition requirements (for winning) may also change from time to time, and will be disclosed during the running of the competition.
Cottonwood Furniture cannot guarantee the quality or the fulfillment of the prizes by third parties. The winner of competitions will be decided by Cottonwood Furniture at its full discretion. Cottonwood Furniture staff and their family members are not allowed to participate, will not be considered for competition winners in these competitions and will not be eligible to win.
Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to limit or discontinue the functionality of the site. While we strive to be online continuously, we cannot exclude cases in which the webpage may be unavailable. In rare cases this may cause data loss.
Cottonwood Furniture cannot be held liable for cross-browser incompatibilities that cause checkout or payment failures. We recommend that you browse with Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
Cottonwood Furniture and participating vendors retain all copyright and other rights to services, as well as listings, information, images, videos, and databases (the “Property Protection”). A modification, reproduction, publication, disclosure to third parties and/or exploitation of the protected property without the prior written consent is expressly prohibited by Cottonwood Furniture.
The Protection of Data
Termination/Cancellation of Orders
Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to cancel or refuse to fulfil any order it suspects of being fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to instances of suspected stolen credit cards and abuse of referral programme incentives. On occasion, a Client Concierge may request a copy of your official identification document or the front of your credit card to verify the transaction with the relevant bank. Cottonwood Furniture may also refuse to refund you on the basis of transaction being suspected as fraudulent – you may then initiate a chargeback process from your bank if you wish to receive a refund.
Changes in General Conditions
Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to revise these terms from time to time. If you disagree with the general terms we do not recommend use of our service. You will be required to accept the T’s & C’s every time you transact on our website.
We reserve the right to ban any individual uploader or website domain from using our services for any reason.
- co.za is an online retailer and deliver nationwide. We do notallow for order collections from our stores, offices or warehouses. The service we offer is a door-to-door service. This means that the shipment is delivered to the address not the person. I.e. if the person is not available it can be left with anyone at that address e.g. security, staff, reception, etc.
- Cottonwood Furniture cannot ship to P.O. boxes, farms or rural areas.
- It is mandatory to leave a telephone or mobile number for us to contact you during delivery hours.
- All goods in transit are insured.
- All orders are sent packaged in boxes or flyer bags, with no indication as to the contents whatsoever.
- You can track your orders with the tracking number provided in your orders dispatch confirmation email.
- Shipping categories are offered to you on checkout based on your delivery area code. Cottonwood Furniture will from time to time offer promotional shipping rates, for example free delivery for certain products.
- Cottonwood Furniture reserves the right to amend shipping costs at any time. All changes will be disclosed here.
- Delivery time is based on the estimated time provided by the courier companies we use.
- In the case of multiple products within one order, your purchases may come from different locations so expect longer delivery times. Your goods will be held in our warehouse until such time as all goods within your order have arrived and been boxed. Only then will your order be dispatched for delivery.
- Should a package not be delivered through no fault of ours (e.g. no-one on premises/unable to answer calls/invalid or incomplete address), we will attempt a second delivery. If this is still unsuccessful, we will attempt to contact you via phone and email to make delivery arrangements with you. If we are unable to reach you, the order will be returned to our warehouse and checked back into stock. You will be refunded the amount for the products excluding the original delivery fee, if any.
Return Merchandise Authorization
You have 2 working days upon receipt of your order to contact Cottonwood Furniture for a refund.
We aim to process your return request within 3 days. Should you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com
Please refer to the break-down below to preview return policies for certain products.
Final Sale Items
Final sale items may not be returned for an exchange or refund.
Shipping and Handling
Shipping and handling charges are not refundable, unless an order has arrived damaged, faulty, incorrect or missing. The Client Concierge team will use their discretion to evaluate whether a refund for shipping and handling may be waivered.
The Fine Print:
Return requests will be approved at the discretion of Cottonwood Furniture.
Products will not be eligible for return if they have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property. This includes products that have been worn or damaged.
There will be an additional R500 re-packaging fee for furniture and R50 on Accessory products returned not in their original, undamaged packaging.
Please note that items arriving after the 7 working day return deadline will not be accepted and will be returned to sender.
Exchange requests will be approved at the discretion of Cottonwood Furniture.
Products will not be eligible for exchange if they have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property. This includes products that have been worn or damaged.
There will be an additional R500 re-packaging fee for furniture and R50 on Accessory products returned not in their original, undamaged packaging.
Please note that items arriving after the 7 working day exchange deadline will not be accepted and will be returned to sender.
In the case of incorrect/damaged/faulty products – exchanges or replacements are the responsibility of Cottonwood Furniture. Please notify us of the incorrect/damaged/faulty product within 2 days of receipt of the product.
Only while stock lasts.